VEIC is seeking a creative and engaged IT Professional to drive efficiency and collaboration within the Helpdesk team, supporting the entire organization.
The Helpdesk Specialist responds to and resolves issues reported by VEIC’s staff related to supported technology. Under the general direction of the Information Technology Manager and in coordination with the Helpdesk team performs work according to established service level agreements and standard operating procedures. When directed, participates in the planning and implementation of Infrastructure projects. Performs essential functions while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
• Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
• Two years’ experience in providing desktop support services in a professional environment, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
• Excellent oral communication skills and a proven dedication to customer service. Must have a desire to continue to learn about computer and network support and repair.
• Moderate written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
• Working understanding of Microsoft’s Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft’s Office Application Suite.
• A working knowledge of computer hardware setup and the ability to do basic hardware repair and upgrades.
• Working understanding of operating system deployment, document management, and incident management technologies
• A working knowledge of peripheral equipment setup and/or maintenance including printers, copier, IP phones, cell phones, audio and video equipment, and digital cameras.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Comfortable with training and education of end staff.