- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Sound understanding of and ability to communicate on matters related to energy, energy efficiency, electricity, heating and process fuels, transportation and renewables.
- Bachelors’ degree and 4-6 years of customer service and one year of relevant technical experience, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
- High degree of interest & enjoyment interacting with people and supporting their information needs and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent active listening skills, written communication skills and ability to maintain positive demeanor required.
- Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with a diverse group of customers and with staff throughout the organization preferred.
- Experience in data entry, retrieval of information from databases, reporting and proficiency with spreadsheets and word-processing.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and independently and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills, ability to take personal initiative and use sound judgment when the unexpected arises.
- Completes short-term goals while remaining focused on long-term objectives.
- Ability to learn, understand and implement new procedures and messaging quickly.
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve challenging problems while working under deadlines and adjust to unexpected changing priorities easily without diminishing customer value.
Internal - Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External - No travel is required.
Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion statement:
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.