The Account Manager 3- (AM3)’s primary responsibilities are to meet assigned energy efficiently targets by proactively managing large business customers and building relationships with targeted non-engaged DC businesses. Develops and executes account plans utilizing a consultative customer engagement methodology that brings value to customers and measurable results to DCSEU. Mentors other Account Managers on consultative sales methodology and provides guidance in working with specific accounts. Assists the Director, Account Management and the Staff Manager with assigned responsibilities such as developing strategies for market segments or helping to develop and implement department policies and procedures.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, and five years’ experience utilizing a consultative customer management approach in a business to business energy or professional services field or a combination of education and experience in a related field that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
- Business Energy Professional (BEP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or similar certification (or equivalent) strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to deliver expected results within core accounts or new business accounts.
- Strong financial, technical and business knowledge and skills, including the ability to understand the economic and political dynamics of high-profile customers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the economic and business dynamics of assigned accounts, as well as the potential political and strategic sensitivity of their actions within the marketplace and regulatory arena.
- Strong interpersonal skills including in the ability to communicate effectively and build strong business relationships. High degree of professionalism, maturity and a polished demeanor.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with contact management, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.