The Efficiency Smart division of VEIC is looking for a Program Manager to provide the strategic and operational leadership for Efficiency Smart programs and initatives to ensure that program implementation is aligned with and meets strategic objectives. This role researches, designs and launches programs to serve customers in participating communities. The Program Manager is responsible for ongoing program success through resource and budget management, monitoring and adjusting processes, and continuous system improvement while providing excellent customer support for both external and internal customers.
VEIC is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identifies and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our colelctive future - we hope you'll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy plant, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
· Define the resource requirements, operational expectations, and internal reporting requirements needed to achieve contractual goals.
· Continuously monitor progress regarding initiative goals, budgets and cost-effectiveness, making program tactical changes as needed.
· Develop criteria and lead program performance evaluations regularly.
· Address customer service complaints and feedback. Seek solutions to prevent future occurrences.
· Maintain the relevancy and accuracy of program savings and measure characterizations.
· Conduct research and market assessments to identify new ways to serve our customers that are strategically aligned and customer focused.
· Manage new program development and implementation in coordination with cross-functional teams.
· Develop and facilitate relationships with partner organizations such as trade allies, community action networks, and supply chain partners to advance programmatic goals.
· Develop Requests for Proposal (RFP's), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU's), and sub-contracts for external services. Actively manage sub-contractor contracts and performance.
· Manage external relations and communications with partner organizations.
· Work cross-functionally with marketing, account management, and leadership to ensure clear program messaging for customers.
· Assess real-time program market barriers and facilitate short term marketing efforts.
· Provide support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
· Perform presentations and participate in Efficiency Smart outreach events as needed.
· Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
· Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in energy efficiency implementation planning or management, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
· Two years of experience in operations or program management including tactical decision-making, influential leadership, facilitation, resource management, budget management, communications, and the ability to develop and attain goals.
· Proven ability to develop strong working relationships, collaborate with internal staff, customers, and trade allies.
· Strength in strategic development of ideas and concepts at a market initiative level.
· Keeps the customer perspective and needs first when developing programs and refining processes.
· Strong continuous improvement mindset.
· Ability to carry out systematic data tracking and reporting processes and implement planned steps from start to finish. Demonstrated experience generating reports with spreadsheet and/ or database programs such as Excel and Access.
· Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience with substantive elements of customer service.
· Strong interpersonal skills including effectiveness in productive communications along with a high degree of professionalism, maturity and a polished demeanor.